• Conducts surveillance, evaluation, permitting, and inspection of food service establishments, retail markets, bakeries, schools, child care centers, temporary food establishments, swimming pools, campgrounds, group homes, motels, lodges, parks, organized camps, individual on-site sewage disposal systems, water wells, other facilities.
  • Investigates nuisance complaints; conducts epidemiological investigations; disaster sanitation; insect and vector control; rabies, lacrosse, and West Nile investigations.
  • Conducts training (food safety, general sanitation, rabies, etc.)
  • Collects water samples.
  • Performs “Home Loan Evaluations” to evaluate if water and sewage systems of homes being sold are working properly.
State-Wide Food Service Worker Permit Cards

The Gilmer County Health Department is now offering State-Wide Food Service Worker Permit cards. The state-wide card is valid in all 55 counties and is $20. The card specifically for Gilmer County remains at $10 (for three years).

Laboratories That Test Water for Pre Oil and Gas Drilling

This listing is for informational purposes only. This is NOT to be considered a recommendation of any laboratory.

  • Reliance Laboratories, INC., 2044 Meadowbrook Rd. Bridgeport, WV 26330 (304) 842-5285
  • Sturm Environmental Services, Brushy Fork Rd. Bridgeport, WV 26330 (304) 623-6539
  • West Virginia DHHR Office of Laboratory Services Chemistry, 4710 Chimney Drive, Suite G Charleston, WV 25302 (304) 965-2694.